And here at last folks, are the TOP TEN REASONS to (maybe) break a rib — or, “Corinne Corley’s Silver Lining Playbook”:
10. It makes for a good story, combined with other, similar incidents and a good turn of phrase.
9. Suddenly, housework seems superfluous.
8. It’s okay to take a nap in the middle of the afternoon because, Hey, my rib might be broken, I’m resting!
7. You have a plausible explanation for limping which people inexplicably believe and find less off-putting.
6. Motivation to lose five pounds rises and smacks you in the — uh, ribcage.
5. Pajamas. Need I elaborate?
4. Empathetic glances abound.
3. People come out of the woodwork to say nice things about you.
2. A lady named Cynthia at Trader Joe’s carries out your stuff and improvises handles in a carton with a really cool box cutter.
AND THE NUMBER ONE REASON TO (MAYBE) BREAK A RIB —– (drum roll, please…..)
1. In a race to see who gets to pay for lunch at Chai Shai, Brian Aldridge won!!!!